Integrated cloud-based video conferencing and superior meeting room systems are becoming the intelligent workspace for the modern enterprise. Easy to use and reliable meeting room systems ensure users can start their video conferences on time and create effective communications across the enterprise at an instant.
By 2020, Gartner estimates there will be more than 20 billion connected sensors and endpoints, and digital twins will exist for potentially billions of things. Gartner defines a digital twin as a software design pattern that represents a physical object with the objective of understanding the asset’s state, responding to changes, improving business operations and adding value. The benefits of digital twins include asset optimization, competitive differentiation, and improved user experience in nearly all industries. By 2021, half of the large industrial companies will use digital twins, resulting in those organizations gaining a 10% improvement in effectiveness.
An important area of change to video conferencing relates to where the ‘capability’ resides. Smart solutions offer enterprise users a seamless and secure endpoint meeting experience. Crucially, a video conferencing vendor that has a dedicated cloud-based service and enables its clients to communicate directly to one another should ensure that this communication is fully secure. The signaling channel to the vendor’s cloud always remains intact and is the only source of controlling messages to the client, which provides a security guarantee because the signaling stream is encrypted, and the platform is robust delivering redundancy built-in to the overall architecture.
Integrated cloud environments are like intelligent ecosystems. Upgrades are seamless, frictionless, and cost-effective, and intuitive solutions are now interoperable to work with any third-party standards-based meeting systems. From smart hospitals to automated factories, the use of secure cloud video conferencing capabilities is touching every aspect of our lives and giving businesses the freedom to focus on delivering an enhanced service to customers.
Gartner states in its top 10 strategic technology trends for 2019, “Smart spaces are a natural evolution from isolated, independent systems to intelligent, comprehensive environments. They bring together many technologies and trends to create an experience for targeted personas or industry scenarios.” In addition, they continue to advise, “Prepare for smart spaces by developing connected, interactive and intelligent environments on a scale that tests the concept but can expand to the larger environment.”
The engineers of digital disruption deliver cloud-based video conferencing to help enterprises break the shackles of cumbersome on-premises technology and seamlessly scale their operations to support the widest possible stakeholders. The benefits to the business are enormous:
- On the go – The ability to join meetings at an instant from any device is a powerful enabler to the mobile workforce. As more people work remotely, the freedom of movement and flexibility significantly reduces unnecessary travel, including long commutes to work, and makes better use of people’s time to focus on what matters. Guaranteed encryption of all media and signaling, ensures users will be communicating securely no matter where they choose to work.
- User experience – guest participation is another advantage in bringing stakeholders together and bridging the international divide. Cloud-based video conferencing is an effective method to easily invite people on a scheduled or impromptu basis. Users gain a rich experience to converse, collaborate, and message at the touch of a button.
- Security and reliability – cloud-based technology removes much of the complexity from on-premises video conferencing. Additionally, with tightly integrated solutions, enterprises can securely connect people whilst protecting sensitive transmitted data. Enterprises have greater confidence in video conferencing when security is guaranteed as part of the service. This confidence is further enhanced when the vendors can offer global points of presence which are fully redundant in terms of information backup, power supply, and server hardware. Crucially, the SLA should provide a minimum of 99.999% uptime.
- Interoperability – The ability to integrate legacy endpoints with new systems enables the extended life of existing video conferencing equipment (H323 and SIP) and will allow a smoother transition from the old to new. Integrated cloud-based solutions serve to better connect users smoothly with any third-party standards-based meeting systems – compatibility and cost-effectiveness all in one.
- Management and performance – Optimal control makes seamless and frictionless upgrades and allows the enterprise to gain access to important meeting room usage reports and performance analysis to determine the return on investment.
Engineering the ecosystem
Enterprises are embracing change and strategically planning the migration to cloud-based solutions that scale their collaborative objectives, future-proof their investments, and build for the long-term.
As innovation in cloud-based video conferencing gathers pace, more enterprises are enjoying the freedom and flexibility to interact more efficiently. Time and resources are precious. Secure cloud-enabled meeting room systems steadfastly offer reliability and interoperability that help decision-makers to standardize on smarter collaboration tools, so that the workforce can meet at an instant.
via Technology & Innovation Articles on Business 2 Community http://bit.ly/2EjNne6